The Pickett West Timber Sale threatens our remnant old-growth forests and fire resiliency around Applegate and Illinois Valley communities.We need you to join for a big public showing on September 14th at the BLM Office in Grants Pass, OR.
Come join the timber Auction Protest!
Sept. 14th, 2017 8:00am - 10:00am
Grants Pass Interagency Office - 2164 NE Spalding Ave
Bring your signs, friends, or just yourselves and we'll have beverages, speakers, and more information available.
Selma: leaving from Rays 7:30am
Williams: leaving from Williams General Store 7:15am
Ashland: leaving from Shop N’ Kart at 7:00am
Here’s why people are stepping up to shut this project down:
- Adjacent communities of the Applegate and Illinois Valleys will be put at risk by drier, fire-prone forests
- Old growth trees 130 + years old are proposed for logging on nearly half of the logging units
- Water quality is at risk from new roads and stream side logging
- Cutting the forest canopy down to 30%, leaves trees susceptible to blow-down and fire
- The quality of life afforded by old forests is threatened by impacts to air quality, recreation and tourism, hunting and foraging, and valued scenic landscapes.
Not able to make it on Sept. 14th, but want to help?
- If you haven't already, write a letter to the BLM:
- Spread the word on facebook.
We hope to see you on September 14th!