Work With Us
Posted January 4th, 2019; Closes February 3rd.
KS Wild is seeking a colleague to help us protect public lands in the biodiverse Klamath-Siskiyou region. The communications manager is a full-time position and part of a collaborative team responsible for working together to inspire and engage the public in support of KS Wild’s mission. Your work will require the effective use of digital and social media communication strategies and tools. We are looking for a strong writer who can mostly edit and but also create some content for various forms of communications, including, but not limited to, social media, action alerts, press releases and our newsletter.
• Curating digital communications with our members and supporters
• Updating and maintaining our websites
• Using our Customer Relations Management (CRM) platform to send emails and action forms
• Growing and enhancing our social media presence through best practices
• Compiling and editing content for our quarterly newsletter
• Some travel, mostly within the region, will be required, as will occasional evening and weekend work, generally at public or outdoor events
• Up-to-date computer skills and an understanding of how to learn and utilize CRM software (we use Every Action) and website software (we use Squarespace) or a demonstrated ability to excel with similar software to build attractive emails and update websites
• Familiarity with the Microsoft suite, Adobe software, basic graphic design, web marketing best practices including SEO, blog posting and social media
• Dedicated and committed to land, wildlife, and water conservation
• Ability to work on diverse teams, understands the strength of collaboration, and shares our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Exceptional written and verbal skills
• Experience using Adobe InDesign a plus
• Full-time salary starts at $43,000 but is negotiable
• Generous health and leave benefits
• Position location is Ashland, OR
Please send your resume and cover letter to Michael Dotson, email@example.com, with the subject line “Communications Manager” and make sure to address pertinent experience, including professional and personal experience that is relevant to this position. No telephone calls, please.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. The position closes February 3rd.
This is an equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Who we are
The Klamath-Siskiyou Wildlands Center has a 22-year history of environmental advocacy. We are an organization of eleven staff members and a volunteer board, who are dedicated to protecting the biodiversity of the Klamath-Siskiyou region in southern Oregon and northern California. Most of our work is directed at protecting the eight million acres of public lands in the region and proactively working for permanent protections of special places. Rogue Riverkeeper is a project of KS Wild that shares much of our work. Our efforts are strongly informed by science and draw heavily on environmental law and community organizing. Our work atmosphere is relaxed and fairly flexible, but can be fast paced and exciting.